Senior Architectural Designer/Technician
Based in Farnham, Surrey - Position available immediatelyView more about this position View less about this position
We are looking for an experienced Architectural Technician and Designer to join our thriving open plan studio, based in Farnham, Surrey.
Taking on schemes from concept design and planning through to the preparation of construction drawings, technical details, building regulations applications, specification writing, tender documentation and analysis. You will need to have excellent technical and construction knowledge, be creative, passionate about design, have a critical eye for detail and able to produce high quality, well presented clear drawings in a time efficient manner.
- Minimum of Degree qualification on Architecture or equivalent in construction.
- Extensive residential experience and passion for domestic architecure.
- Up to date Archi-CAD experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current uk planning policies and national development framework.
- Extensive detailed technical drawing experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of current uk building regulations.
- Competent domestic client specification writing.
- Excellent client and contractor liaison experience.
- Ability to technically design & detail houses without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience within the technical department of an architectural practice producing working drawings on archi-cad.
- Able to meet agreed deadlines.
- Full vocabulary of clear spoken and written english.
- Full uk driving license and personal transportation.
Preferred but not essential:
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge and ability on photoshop.
- Auto CAD experience
The applicant needs to live within sensible commuting distance of farnham and/or have their own transport. Applicants currently living overseas or further afield cannot be considered.
Applicants that do not fulfil the requirements listed cannot be considered.
If you would like to be considered please email your cv and covering letter along with at least 3 recent examples of domestic projects of your recent work in a3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider the file size before emailing your application.
Position available immediately. No agencies please.