Residential Architectural Designer
Location: Farnham, SurreyView more about this position View less about this position
To join our close knit team in our open plan studio and achieve our shared goals and vision for the company; to build on our reputation as the industry leaders in remodeling ugly houses into beautiful family homes, which are good for the soul and the environment.
Focused on our Stage 1 Design & Planning service from initial consultation to achieving planning permission and beyond. Working in a Client facing design role creating beautiful transformative design schemes.
To learn the “Back to Front way” remodeling houses and become a long-term valued member of the team.
This role would ideally suit someone with a few years experience working in a practise and would like to take the next step in their career with a practise who do exciting and transformative one off bespoke residential designs in a buzzing team environment.
What must get done?
- Create highly detailed, attractive and practical remodeling concepts, visuals and planning drawings in the “Back to Front way”, to the satisfaction of the Client and design team, without supervision.
- Build and present detailed 3D models and rendered visuals, which are well received by the Client, using advanced skills in ArchiCAD and Photoshop.
- Produce designs that comply with current UK building regulations and are technically correct, enabling technical detailing to be undertaken with no revision to the scheme.
- Advise, guide and educate Clients in a friendly, clear and firm manner to help them reach suitable design solutions, taking account of their brief and budget but also aesthetic, practical, planning and technical considerations resulting in positive outcomes and maintaining our 100% planning success rate.
- Continue to build on positive relationships with Clients and Colleagues, demonstrating behaviors that share Back to Front values resulting in Client referrals, photography and testimonials on every project and a happy studio environment.
- Willingly follow Back to Front procedures and administration in an organized and disciplined manner resulting in correct record keeping, teamwork, follow ups, and work free from errors.
- Maintain profitability and efficiency on each job without compromising quality or relationships.
- Take an engaged, positive and open-minded approach to learning, to build skills and experience.
What you will need?
- Strong technical, building regulation and planning knowledge.
- Great relationship building and communication skills both in verbal and written forms.
- Comprehensive 3D modeling skills and willing to learn and excel in ArchiCAD
- Confident Photoshop skills
- Shared values, so if you didn’t look at the house before. Look now!
If you have the passion and enthusiasm to work in this exciting and challenging design sector we’d like to hear from you. Please send us your CV along with a covering letter outlining how you plan to meet the above outcomes and explaining why you would be a good fit for our organisation. We would also like to see some of your work so please send a few relevant examples that demonstrate your abilities.
Please contact : email@example.com
Closing date 31st May – We will get back to all applicants within the first week of the closing date to let you know if you have made it to the next stage of the application process. If successful we will be undertaking screening phone interviews week commencing 5th June.