Residential Architectural Designer
Location: Farnham, SurreyView more about this position View less about this position
Work hand in hand with our lovely Clients to transform their ugly house into an award winning, beautiful, practical, upgraded and cost effective family homes, which can be taken through to realisation on site.
Where will I work and with who?
Our lively and attractive open plan studio is based in the heart of the historic market town of Farnham offering the perfect balance between the beautiful countryside of the South Downs National Park and the buzz of London.
We promote a healthy work life balance and provide a great environment to excel with up to date software, Mac workstations and ongoing training. We have a supportive and collaborative team atmosphere, helping each other through the times of hard graft and but also celebrating our successes and having a bit of fun along the way. A sense of humor and good tea (or even better, coffee) making skills will help you fit right in.
The company has a strong pipeline of work and is undergoing exciting restructuring over the next 6 months offering the right candidate fantastic opportunity for Career progression in the next 2-3 years.
What will I do?
- Create highly detailed, attractive and practical remodeling concepts, visuals and planning drawings that are considered technically, comply with current UK building regulations and have 100% chance of success at planning.
- Build and present detailed and attractive 3D models and rendered visuals, using advanced skills in ArchiCAD and Photoshop.
- Advise and guide Clients to help them understand the technical and budgetary considerations of their scheme in a friendly and easy to understand manner both onsite at design consultations and during the design process.
- Build happy relationships with Clients, Colleagues, and 3rd
- Product and supplier research to keep up to date with new technologies and regulations
- Be organized, diligent and passionate about giving that last and often hardest 5% on a project that makes all the difference.
- Maintain profitability and efficiency on each job without compromising quality or relationships.
- Take a positive and open-minded approach to learning, building new skills and experiences.
What will I need?
- Fantastic creative vision and passion for attractive residential architecture.
- Strong technical, building regulation & planning knowledge in residential refurbishment.
- Comprehensive 3D modeling skills in ArchiCAD .
- Confident Photoshop skills .
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation, Microsoft Office & IT skills, preferably working on Apple Mac’s.
- Great personality, sense of humor and ethical values.
What are the benefits?
Good working hours (9-5.30 Monday to Friday), 20 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 bonus day of each year worked (capped at 5), staff outings, bonus days off, parking permit (worth over £1,000 pa), pension scheme, ice creams, pub, and working with jolly nice people with personality! Salary is negotiable subject to experience.
How does the application process work?
You’re not just a CV to us so please send us a letter of introduction along with a portfolio of projects you’re proud of and your CV. The first step is an informal chat so we can find out more about you, followed by face to face. I’m afraid there may be a test or two but you can do it!
We look forward to working with you!